Hosted by New York Amateur Computer ClubTweet Share Share
Frequent NYACC presenter Brendan Kidwell will demonstrate everything you need to know to build a web site using the free software WordPress, and its companion hosting service WordPress.com which is free for small sites.
Topics will include:
- Why choose WordPress, and what it can do
- Choosing a hosting provider and setting up an empty site there
- Pages (undated items) versus Posts (dated items)
- How to organize the information you want to publish
- Choosing a visual theme
- How to publish an events calendar
Bring your questions! There should be plenty of time for Q&A at the end.
Specific location information will be added when it becomes available.
You may be asked to show a government-issued photo ID to enter the building. Yearly club membership is $20, but you are not required to be a member to attend a NYACC event. RSVP encouraged but not required.