Hosted by NatickFOSSTweet Share Share
Invitation to attend: Nov 7, 2019 FREE SOFTWARE Meeting
Draft Agenda; some of this and maybe more
- FOSS Introductory Slide Talk (If newcomers are present by 3PM.)
- Raffle item(s):
- Members' Introductions (name, town and computer proficiency): Optionally, solicit suggestions re your FOSS stumbling block
- Help Session Report:
- The FOSS News:
- Hot Software: Display and Remote Control your Android smartphone From Your Desktop; ProjectLibre instead of Microsoft Project (10-min. video); Citadel groupware.
- Hot Hardware: The cheapest 14" notebook computer; The lightest 14" notebook computer; $50 Sphero R2-D2 App-Enabled Droid (BB-9E, with MIT's Scratch to teach programming to kids (This is the Droid you're looking for!).
- Hot Internet:
- Security and Privacy: Examining AI’s effect on media and truth; Stealing Ur Feelings (6-min. Mozilla-sponsored video); Security gadgets are making people more vulnerable; Russian company sells zero-day exploits for hospital software; How to fight deepfakes and ransomware; Blockchain is how to re-own your data; Botnet and the Law (Bob Primak); When I Visited 47 Sites, Hundreds of Trackers Followed Me; Blokada for your Android phone; Microsoft secretly includes telemetry software; Deep Web, Dark Web: What's Out There?; How to stop Facebook tracking your web browsing activity; Browser Privacy Windows; Mozilla Firefox 70 to have Extended Dark Mode Support.
- How to ID random junk mail (more trouble from Dick's Junk Mailbox)
- FOSS Q&A
Nov. 7, 2019, 3 p.m. - Nov. 7, 2019, 6 p.m.