Hosted by LuftHansTweet Share
GeekBeacon Fest's mission is to unify geeks and make the world a better place through a celebration of Mental Health, Gaming, Open Culture, and Open Source.
We are hosting this virtual event to show that there are more things that unite us than separate us. We would like to:
- Show how knowledge and sharing can open up countless possibilities.
- Showcase and share the unique value, as well as the trials and tribulations that many neuro-atypical individuals live with on a daily basis, while thriving as vital members of our society.
- Talk about how science and technology can improve our lives.
- How freely sharing knowledge benefits both individuals, and society as a whole.
- Demonstrate how privacy is still achievable in the modern world. Tools and patterns that we use.
- How countless OSS projects have time and time again taught us to cherish the value accessibility tooling brings to all users and use cases.
- Demonstrate atypical uses of gaming as a medium, and showcasing how gaming can be used to entertain, as well as educate and provide a venue for social good.