Hosted by New York Amateur Computer ClubTweet Share Share
Do you want to record events or your personal thoughts and stories, and publish them on YouTube? Do you want to know how to record your children’s accomplishments at school and share that with your friends and family on Facebook and Instagram?
Frequent NYACC presenter Brendan Kidwell will guide you through the steps of recording events, personal essays, or stories using a camcorder, preparing the video, uploading to the Internet, and saving the raw footage for future projects. Topics will include:
- How to select and buy a camcorder and microphone.
- Tripods and other mounting options.
- How to setup your camera for different recording situations.
- Lighting and sound considerations.
- Bare bones cut-and-paste video editing with simple free software that doesn’t require a powerful computer.
- Uploading to YouTube.
- Archiving/backing up your projects.
- Further topics may include how to get started with more advanced video editing, YouTube ‘vlogging’ and social networking for marketing or for direct profit.
Brendan will have a camera and tripod on hand for live demonstration and hands-on exploring at the end of the talk.
You may be asked to show a government-issued photo ID to enter the building. Yearly club membership is $20, but you are not required to be a member to attend a NYACC event. RSVP encouraged but not required.